March 28, 2011

Weekend Fail

So I managed to not do a single thing I was supposed to do this weekend. I'm pretty bummed about it - but not at the same time because I had such a fabulous time with my some of my best friends. Becky and Joe were in town for the weekend to run the DC half marathon with crazy runner Lisa. The plan was just to do dinner, but thanks to my wonderful little brother Sam, we had a babysitter for the evening so we decided to stay out. And that's where the rest of my weekend totally went out the window. After an amazing dinner at Sweetwater (where Lisa and I managed to eat an entire basket of those ridiculously delicious sweet rolls...) we headed out to one of my favorite places for drinks - Clyde's Willow Creek. If you live in Loudoun and haven't been there, you need to make a serious effort to get out there. Not only do they have an amazing dinner menu, but they have 4 bars (at least) that all have a different feel, so you can literally bar hop without ever having to leave. A great time was had by all.

Although not in this picture, the boys (Joe, Eric, Johnny, and Adam) were all there too :)
   
      I had been looking forward to Sunday for several weeks because my sister and I had tickets to the Capitol Home and Garden showcase at the National Harbor. I knew when I woke up on Sunday that wasn't going to happen. Luckily, she was planning on also going with a friend so my hangover didn't ruin her day too. I heard it was amazing so I'm pretty bummed I missed out - so we'll just have to re-plan for next year.

On the plus side, we had an amazing brunch at my favorite breakfast spot, Eggspectation. I had an egg, spinach, and ham crepe with hollandaise sauce and it was divine. The Leesburg location just opened and there are a few others in the Capitol area - definitely worth trying if you're a breakfast person like me. And even if you're not, they have a full non-breakfast menu.


If you read my post from last week - you know that I promised a new cookie recipe today. Well that was my other fail from yesterday. I made it to the store to grab the one ingredient I was missing, but never actually got around to making them. Laying on my couch was just so much more appealing. But I promise sometime this week I'll debut the new recipe, so keep a look-out :) Hope you're all having a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. mm... I want a basket of dough balls right now? Cyldes should really start a delivery service for those things!

    Love that pic of us!!

    This post should be renamed: Weekend Success!! (yes, dessert = fail, but Sat night = success)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I had a blast. It was def a success for friends...not so much for baking, and I'm ok with that! :)

    ReplyDelete