February 25, 2011

Decision Made.

Jack is going to have the ear tube surgery. Shortly after writing my last post I got a phone call from Jack's school telling me he had a 102.7 fever and needed to be picked up. He was in a great mood, had no other symptoms, and had just finished his last round of antibiotics on Monday. Could he possibly be sick again?? I got the last appointment with his pediatrician and with one quick look in his ears she confirmed what we already knew. She wrote him a prescription for the most powerful antibiotic he can handle and basically told me the only option left was to go with the tubes. I called the surgery center yesterday and scheduled him for the earliest available date, March 22nd - the poor kid will have to suffer through at least one more ear infection until then I'm sure. I'm nervous and anxious and of course assuming something will go wrong - but I've been assured we've got the best ENT in the area and Jack will benefit almost instantly from having the tubes placed.

On a happier note - I ordered Jack's first birthday present yesterday! I'll admit, I got pretty teary in the process. Almost as if by buying him the gift, I was encouraging him to grow up- when all I really want is for him to stay my sweet baby forever. I wanted to get him something special that he'll remember having and not just some random toy he'll either destroy or get bored of in a day. When I came across this, I knew I had found exactly what I was looking for. I know that it's not a toy he'll be able to fully use until he get a little bigger, but I saw it and just couldn't say no. What boy doesn't want a fire truck??





It's a model 1932 Ford Roadster Fire Engine pedal car. It's made from Ford steel and has tons of working parts including detachable ladders and a hose reel that comes out of the back hatch. I hope he enjoys this truck as much as I am going to enjoy giving it to him. And don't tell him if you see him, it's a surprise ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment