March 1, 2011

Banana Bread and The Oscars

Over the weekend I tried out a new banana bread recipe for Jack and it was a HIT. The kid gobbled the stuff down and screamed when I wouldn't give him anymore. And the best part is that I don't feel guilty letting him have it because it's actually healthy. Besides the two cups of banana puree, the recipe also calls for a cup of cauliflower puree, and three egg whites, instead of two whole eggs. There is only a little extra sugar b/c the extra-ripe bananas give so much natural sweetness. I also used whole grain flour instead of the standard enriched white. Even knowing this isn't traditional banana bread, I can say this stuff is delicious. It's super moist and dense and perfect for a mid-day snack for Jack to take to grandmas. I didn't want any to go to waste so I opted to make three mini loaves instead of one regular sized loaf. I simply wrapped two of them up in cling wrap, put them in a freezer bag, and popped them into the freezer for later. This way I can take out a fresh loaf and not worry about throwing any away. We know God loves us because he gave us the freezer :)


These are the loaf pans I have and they are great! You can make any type of bread (or pound cake, whatever) in these and just adjust the cooking time. You can let them thaw on the counter or pop them back into a warm oven for a few minutes for a fresh-from-the-oven taste. Yum!

In other exciting news - the Oscars were on Sunday! For the most part, I really couldn't care less about who wins because nine time out of ten, I completely disagree with whatever "The Academy" thinks. Everyone knows it's all about the fashion. Here are a few of my favorites from Sunday night:

Holy cow, Mila Kunis is gorgeous. I love this girl as both an actress and a fashionista. This dress was sexy and ethereal and she should never wear anything but this dress for the rest of her life. Love it. 


In general - I HATE purple. But this year the Oscar ladies rocked it in every shade. I didn't like this dress at first, but the more I looked at it, the more it grew on me. Maybe because I love ScarJo? And who doesn't love a cut-out back?

Not a fan of Gwynnie - but a huge fan of Calvin Klein and this dress! Whatever the material is, it is gorgeous and I love the subtle gold. Not in your face shiny.

There was only one dress I HATED and here it is... 

Girlfriend, fire your stylist stat. Not only was it poor fitting, but everyone knows bubble hems are so 3 years ago. And what color is this anyways? Black? Eggplant? It's bad. That's all I can say.

Happy March everyone!! Only 19 more days 'till Spring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment