March 8, 2011

Welcome to the Plastic Jungle

I've decided to add a new segment to my blog - Website of the Month. I spend A LOT of time on the computer so I come across some pretty cool sites every now and again. I figured why not share them so you all can enjoy too?

The first site I'd like to feature is PlasticJungle.com.

Plastic Jungle is an awesome site where you can purchase discounted gift cards, or even sell gift cards you don't want for cash. The discounts range anywhere from 3% to 50%+. A lot of the gift cards are electronic so they will email you the code so you don't even have to wait for it to come in the mail.

Here's an example of how much you can save using Plastic Jungle. For the last few months I have been coveting the Benchwright Buffet Table from Pottery Barn. We've been looking for something to put along an empty wall in our living room and this table is perfect. 


The only downfall of this beautiful table - after shipping and taxes, this sucker was going to be $1725. Ouch. Well, lucky for us, we still have a 10% registry completion discount. That brought us down to $1559. Still not good enough. Enter Plastic Jungle. I was able to purchase $1559 worth of Pottery Barn gift cards at 14% off their face value. I then used the gift codes that were delivered to my email to pay for my table. My final cost was $1340.74. That's $384 in savings!! Even if we didn't have the registry completion discount we would have saved $242. And it was SO EASY. Why not save the money when you can. Now we have $384 to put towards the matching coffee table : )


Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment