April 8, 2011

A Great Week!

As some of you might know, we recently switched Jack to a new school. He had been at the Goddard School right by my office since he was about 4 months old. We loved the infant room there and his teachers were just the sweetest. In January he aged up to the Infant II room and things have been not-so-great ever since. There wasn't one terrible event or anything like that - we were just less than thrilled. The classroom was tiny, there were 10 kids in his class (and only 2 teachers) he just wasn't getting the attention I think he needs. Not to mention the one million times I told them he wasn't allowed to have any dairy products and they inevitably would always let him participate in pudding or whipped-cream painting activities. All-in-all, for the price we're paying for childcare I expect to be bowled over with excitement leaving him there every day - and that was nowhere near the case.

Anyways - today wraps up Jack's first week at the brand new Kiddie Academy - almost exactly halfway between our house and my office. Jack has done so great with the transition and his teachers can't stop talking about how sweet natured and pleasant he is to have in class. He's even made a little friend - they both squeal when they see each other in the mornings - it's adorable. His classroom is at least twice the size and there are only 6-7 kids in the class with 2 teachers so he's getting a lot more one-on-one attention. And the best part about the new school is (drum roll please... ) MOMMY-CAM! I can log on from any computer and watch Jack's classroom and playground from a camera installed in the room. I don't know how I got along without it before.

In other news - Jack had his post-op appointment today to make sure his ears had healed from the surgery. The doctor even let me take a peek inside - it looks like he has a blue sprinkle stuck in each ear. He's doing great and is 100% healthy for the first time in months!

I'm going to finish up today's post with a tip for my mom readers. I'm warning you now this is a mom topic so continue reading at your own risk :) With each new tooth Jack inevitably gets a terrible diaper rash. Even the prescription stuff wasn't cutting it. The poor kid was in so much pain and I just didn't know what to do. Well, thank goodness for my good friend Megan. Not only is she a nurse, but she's a mom of two adorable boys herself - so she has a few tricks up her sleeve. When I was pregnant she passed along this recipe for a butt paste that will cure even the worst diaper rash overnight. Just mix equal parts of the following:




Your child will smell like a foot - but it's worth the almost instant pain relief. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment