April 19, 2011

Mac & Pizza

Once again, the Hawkins family has succumbed to the 21st Century. We made our first stride last year when Johnny and I both finally got rid of our circa 2000 cell phones and got Blackberries. Woah, big step. Saturday we made a giant leap into the present when we purchased our first MAC! 


We really fell in love with the desktop (we're old farts at heart and really prefer the giant screen) but the way our house it set up we really had nowhere to put it. Johnny suggested we set it up on the dining room table. I pretended not to hear him. We settled on a Mac Book, got some new fun gadgets, and even got a free wireless printer. To top it all off - I got to use my handy corporate discount and saved about $150. I've been organizing the last 3 years of my life in pictures and loving iPhoto - Johnny is amazed at the speed at which he can now make fantasy baseball trades. Win-Win :)

While the Mac Book is fun and all, the icing on the weekend was definitely Fireworks Pizza. It's part of our favorite restaurant group (Magnolias, South Street Under, and Tuscarora Mill) so it's amazing we had never been there before.



They pride themselves on using all local/fresh ingredients and it makes all the difference. I can honestly say this is my new favorite pizza place (sorry, Emilios...) and I can't wait to go back as soon as humanly possible. I got one of their specialty pizzas that came with a pesto sauce, goat cheese AND mozzarella, salami, spinach, and roasted tomatoes. Holy cow. For you city-folk, they have a new location in Arlington. I highly recommend :)

Lastly - one of my best friends has started her own blog! I love when my friends create blogs because it lets me stay up to date on their lives when my own hectic life keeps me from seeing them as often as I'd like. Melanie will be blogging about her upcoming November wedding, house hunting, and the general craziness that is your 20s. Keep up with her here : Adventures of a Twenty Something. Happy reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment