August 24, 2011

EARTHQUAKE! ... among other things...

For those of you who live under rocks and inside caves, we had a pretty significant Earthquake here in Virginia yesterday. I know, people joke about the lack of damage and the general chaos that ensued - but in reality, I think we're all very lucky the damage wasn't more extensive. It was a pretty crazy experience, especially considering the lack of seismic activity that generally occurs in this region. I won't drag on about it - that's what CNN is for - but I figured it couldn't go without mentioning.

Anyways - a few months back I mentioned a new segment I wanted to start: "Website of the Month". Well, needless to say, that was the last (and only) time I've posted a site so FAIL on my part. In an effort to make it up to you, I offer you Copy Cat Chic. Keeney turned me on to this site and it is my new addiction. The woman who owns this blog is a bargain hunting genius. To sum it up, she takes popular pieces from pricey stores like Restoration Hardware, Ethan Allen, Layla Grace (and sooo many more) and finds nearly identical pieces for a fraction of the cost. It's absolutely mind blowing to see the things she finds and the money that can be saved. She provides the links to each piece so you can compare for yourself, and purchase if you so decide. I haven't made my first Copy Cat Chic purchase yet - but I definitely will as soon as the perfect piece comes up. I've been on the lookout for a china cabinet or some kind of buffet table for the dining room. So here you go - August's website of the month... Copy Cat Chic


No comments:

Post a Comment