September 29, 2011

Can't you just feel the Moonshine....

I am so excited, I am having trouble seeing straight. In a mere 11 hours I will be arriving in one of the greatest cities I've ever been to. (No, my latest trip to Milwaukee - "The Cheese Capital" - didn't quite make the cut...). I will be stepping off an airplane onto good old southern soil (ok... tarmac...) in Charleston, South Carolina. I'm taking my first trip back down to SC since Jack was born and I'm just bubbling over with excitement. Not only will I get to spend the next few days with some of the greatest friends I've ever known - I will finally be reunited with my GAMECOCKS! Nessy (my dear host, and bff) and I are trekking up to Columbia on Saturday to watch the Gamecocks take on the Auburn Tigers (or are they the War Eagles... I still haven't figured that one out...). This is a huge game for us and I can't believe I'm actually going to be back at Williams-Brice with 80,000 of my closest friends cheering on my Gamecocks. I've only been able to make it back for one other game since graduation and it was a for a disappointing loss to Vanderbilt (womp womp) - So needless to say I'm in serious need of a Gamecock victory!

Eat your hear out, ACC. This is what a real stadium looks like.

 
Nessy and I at the Georgia game back in '06. Picture of sobriety.
My Delta Loves.

Besides cheering on some ass-kicking chickens... there are a few other things on my to-do list:

- Find something adorable for Jack. I'm thinking a jersey or a Gamecock Polo.
- Eat at Zaxby's. You ever been to a Zaxby's? If so, you understand. If not, I'm sorry for you.
- Eat somewhere quintessentially Charleston. (Apparently we already have reservations at Husk. Recently awarded America's Best New Restaurant by Bon Appetite). This girl needs some fried green tomatoes in her life, stat.
- Troll King Street. Shopping, dining, people watching. All with a touch of Southern Charm.

Am I going to miss the incredible J's while I'm gone? Absolutely. I'll be a blubbering mess by the time I get my hands on my snotty little bundle of joy, Monday night. Am I going to have the unforgettable trip this Mamma deserves? Without a doubt.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure the ACC will eat their "hear" out looking at that photoshopped image of Alabama's Bryant-Denny Stadium! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you are right, Brant-Denny Stadium IS what a REAL stadium looks like!!

      Delete