September 20, 2011

Officially a Grown Up!

I'm not sure why this feels like such a monumental occasion, but for some reason as of today I feel like I have officially crossed over into the realm of responsible adults. Why you ask? No, not because I am a married homeowner with a child and a full-time job. Those things are for amateurs. Then what could it possibly be?? Refinance, baby! After running around like a crazy person for the last few days trying to gather all the proper documentation (yes, I realize as a "responsible adult" I should have my important financial paperwork neatly organized and filed away in a water tight safe somewhere. Get real folks. Baby steps.) I was finally able to seal off the package and drop it in the mail today. We still have to get through the appraisal and termite inspection, but I'm not too worried about either of those. I had no idea that refinancing was basically buying your house all over again! All the same paperwork, all the same legalities. Only you don't have to deal with the stress of "will we get it"??

So, fingers crossed that everything goes well! Pending the approval of our paperwork, we get to close on November 10th, skip two months of mortgage payments, and be $400 a month richer less poor! I'm so excited!

Next up on the "I'm-a-grown-up-now-so-I-have-to-do-this-even-though-I-really-really-REALLY-don't-want-to" list: buy a new car!! Maybe with all our new found cash..... [wheels turning....]....

This is actually confiscated Mexican drug money.... I just liked the look of all that CASH!

No comments:

Post a Comment