November 24, 2011

Thankful.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. In fact, in might be my most favorite. I have a very large and extremely close family and it is one of the very few days of the year that we are all together. Even when we  were younger I would look forward to Thanksgiving every year. Each November we would make the 4-hour trip down to Smithfield, Virginia to where my grandparents were living at the time. I have a gaggle of cousins all in my age group and we had such a blast together. Every Thanksgiving after everyone had stuffed themselves sick, the kids would put on a little skit for the parents - which we cleverly referred to as"Turkey Night Live". Even now that we are all adults living our separate lives all across the country,  I am so grateful that most of us are still able to get together for Thanksgiving. (All thanks to my entertainer-of-the-year step-mom who puts on a sit-down dinner for 45).

So in honor of this wonderful holiday, here are a few things that I am especially thankful for this year:

- My amazing family. Immediate and extended. Near and far. I love every single one of you.
- My beautiful house in a neighborhood filled with close friends.
- My job and my co-workers that make my every day enjoyable.
- Dr. Clayton - Jack's pulmonologist who was finally able to make our child healthy.
- Our troops - past, present, and future. You all are the reason I have so much to be thankful for.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! I Hope you all have a safe, blessed holiday!



No comments:

Post a Comment