February 28, 2012

Pink or Blue... Pink or Blue...

As mentioned in my last post, I was disheartened to find out that I wouldn't have my anatomy scan (a.k.a. the big gender reveal) until April 10th, when I had been banking on March 20th. I called the doctor a few days later to find out if there was any wiggle room, the receptionist coldly replied "The doctor said eight weeks." Welllll.... maybe you should ASK him, you half-wit. I hung up before I bit her head off in my pregnancy-induced rage.

Over the next few days, I pondered my options. I could wait the looonnggg 5 extra weeks, or I could take matters into my own hands. Patience has never been my strong suit. I knew there were places in the area that did elective gender screenings starting at 16 weeks, but I was unsure about whether or not to spend the money on something that may or may not be accurate. I stumbled across a place not too far away that would scan me at 16 weeks on the dot, in 3D, for $100. They guarantee an answer, and allow you to come back for free if baby refuses to show the goods. They even include a 3D/4D DVD video of the scan as a keepsake. I justified that in my head as $20 for each week earlier I get to find out. Completely reasonable... right?

So, in ONE WEEK from today, we will hopefully have our answer! Will Jack have a little brother to show the ropes, or a little sister to look after?  I can honestly say I'd be 100% content with either. I love my little man more than anything in the world, and think it would be great to have another little guy just like him. I'd also love for a little girl to have a sweet big brother like Jack. Either way, we'll be thrilled. None-the-less, the anticipation is killing me.

I've got my first purchases ready and in queue... so what will it be?


Something frilly and sweet....


Or something preppy and plaid....


S E V E N  D A Y S

No comments:

Post a Comment