February 14, 2012

A Sibling For Jack

Just in case the title of this post wasn't clear enough, Jack is going to be a BIG BROTHER!! After an amazing first-day-of-my-second-trimester check-up, we feel 100% comfortable and excited to publicly share our wonderful news! It's been a loooongg first thirteen weeks, and my pregnancy so far has been very similar to my pregnancy with Jack. Could this mean another boy?? We'll find out on April 10th, which might as well be 8 years away, because that's what it feels like! I'm going to give them a call next week to see if I can negotiate myself down a couple weeks. Baby Hawkins is due to arrive on August 21st, so it will a long summer here in Virginia.

We've been talking to Jack a lot about babies and explaining (ha, "explaining" to a toddler....) that Mommy has one in her tummy. His only response so far has been, "Bebe? Wah! Wah! Wah!" while imitating a crying motion with his hands. Wonderful. Each and every time we ask him what he wants to name the baby he confidently responds "Bus." He's going through a transportation-obsession phase - we're hoping his taste in names will evolve.

Back when we very first found out I was pregnant we had some "Big Brother" pictures taken with the incredible Jenne Barron of Bright Eyes Photography. We wanted these to share the exciting news with our immediate families - and now I'm excited to share them with everyone! Here's a few of our favorites:






And without further adieu, I introduce you to Baby Hawkins! These were taken just this afternoon, and he/she proved to be quite a ham in front of a camera.



And just before she was about to turn the monitor off, baby gave a us a little wave goodbye! Until next time, sweet baby!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!

5 comments:

  1. transportation-obsession phase.. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again girl! I can't wait for another Hawkins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Haven't seen you in a while...lets change that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowww... there's a rumor going around about you here in Pville... you should probably come out and and clarify ;)

      Delete
    2. I knowww... there's a rumor going around about you here in Pville... you should probably come out and and clarify ;)

      Delete