October 12, 2011

Multi-task.

Last night I ran (literally) into quite a dilemma. Tuesdays are Mom's Wine Night on Kinvarra Place. Me, Meg, and Stef (and now sometimes Mel) get together religiously at 8 o'clock for some mom-detox time. We each bring a bottle of wine and we have a few hours of child/husband free time to watch painfully girly shows (Pregnant in Heels, Teen Mom, and Rachel Zoe are our usuals) gossip, bitch about life, and generally just relax for the first time all week. It's glorious.

As I'm scrambling home last night it dawns on me that I don't have a single bottle of wine to contribute to the evenings festivities. The thought of the three of us having to share only TWO bottles of wine is too painful to bear. I'm trying to rush home so I can squeeze in my nightly run before it starts to get dark out. (I have a pretty unreal fear of dying in the back of some freak's trunk... running at night only increases that likelihood). If I have to stop at the store before going home, I might miss the last few minutes of viable sunlight. What a conundrum. Wine or run? After pondering the options I decided that I could indeed put my super-mom powers to work and accomplish both tasks.





 Yes, that is Jack contently snuggled into the Jogger with my bottle of wine firmly held in the cup holder. Coincidence that a bottle of wine fits so perfectly into the cup holder? I think not. I ran the whole way back from the store like this. Mother of the year - right here. Submit your votes now.

1 comment:

  1. This blog really hit home with me this week. I happened to have spent my day off for the Columbus Day holiday at the pediatricians office with a sick toddler. We were present and accounted for the required 15 minutes prior to our appointment time and 2.5 hours later we saw the doctor. Yeah, it was that kind of doctor's visit. Two ear infections and a sinus infection later Liv & I found ourselves at Rite Aide waiting (again) for her prescription. And then I saw it. The 'sale' tag on Mommy's Favorite Vino Verde! Coincidence or fate? I'll let you decide. But I think I at least have that pharmacists vote for Mother of the Year. "Yes sir, I'll have some amoxicillin and Pinot Grigio, thanks!". Great post, thanks for the laugh :)

    ReplyDelete