October 16, 2011

"You said I Do - And I did too"

I can't believe we have been married for an entire year! It's actually frightening how fast this last year has gone by. You always hear people say "Oh, the first year of marriage is the hardest" - I couldn't disagree more. I know, we have an unfair advantage that we pretty much jumped all the hurdles before we tied the knot (long distance relationship, multiple moves, living together, buying a house, merging finances, having a baby) but I don't think that makes our first year any less of a success story. We have had so much fun creating our nest and settling into our new roles as Mr. and Mrs. and I can't wait to see what the next year has to offer.

Since I don't talk much about The Mister here on the blog - I thought I'd take some time to share some of my favorite things about my Perfectly Imperfect Partner-In-Crime: 

- He's a true Man's Man. He likes beer from a can, knows things about tools, can grill like Bobby Flay, and wears a baseball hat whenever possible - all while working in the yard and fixing my car.

- He knows EVERYTHING about sports. And we're not talking just the standard baseball/football trivia. Got a question about Curling? He's your man. Need to know the rules of Badminton? Just ask Johnny. I sometimes pretend that it annoys me, but I actually think it's pretty sexy that he can give 99% of men a run for their money in any sports discussion.

- He's a creative romantic. Our first two dates consisted of going to a legit drive-in move theater (in his Dad's antique pick-up that he borrowed for the night), and a fully prepared picnic at Great Falls. He had flowers sent to my office twice that week. To this day, he still opens every door, holds my hand, and surprises me with my favorite Ben & Jerry's.

- He tells me I'm beautiful even when I know for a fact that I'm not. Like when we've spent the entire night in the emergency room with our sick baby, or after a long sweaty run. And I know he means it.

- He is an amazing father. He changes poopy diapers without being asked, makes bath time a breeze, folds hundreds of tiny outfits, and makes Jack laugh so hard he can hardly breathe. Our son is so lucky to have such an incredible, hands-on dad. 

Here are a few of my favorite pics of us throughout the years:



Here's to another year of laughing so hard we cry, smiling so much it hurts, and loving like we're dying. I love you JCH. 

1 comment:

  1. love this post! Happy Anniversary you two!! :)

    ReplyDelete